Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Nuclear Bomb!

I was behind a small wall with two other guys.  The wall was thick and grey and only the size of a large rectangle.  It had a slit in it about eye level so that you could see out.  It seemed to be a form of turret with only one side to shelter a person shooting at an enemy.  We did not have any guns, however.  The land dipped down into a trench and we were all sitting behind this wall in the trench, resting the back of our heads against the dip in the ground by the wall.  We were bracing and anticipating the end of the World.  The landscape looked barren and the atmosphere was

apocalyptic. My two companions were afraid.  I tried to console them saying it will be quick, dont worry, just lean against the wall and brace for the impact of the shock wave when it hits us. 

I could see through the slit in the wall that the nuclear bomb had just exploded in the distance.   It was a blindingly white light a few miles off.  It would be any moment now when the first shock wave hits us.  then i was sure that we were going to die but i wasn't scared.  I had come to accept it and was readying myself for the transition.  I kept trying to imagine what it would be like after the initial shock of death.  The thought of an afterlife comforted me somewhat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment