Saturday, 22 April 2017

Ta Ha

I dreamt

I was sitting in an Arabic lesson with my teacher, Amienallah.

I was pronouncing the two letters of the Qur'an "Ta Ha". 
Two other students who were in the lesson with me, both native arabs, were pronouncing the same letters, but in a distorted way.  They were saying "Tee-Hee"
They looked at my pronounciation as if it was the wrong one.
I was saying "Ta Heh" (warsh style)
I started to wonder - am I pronouncing it wrongly - since these two students are saying it differently!

Then Amienallah, the teacher of the lesson, turned to me and said
"you are pronouncing it correctly, actually"

and I felt relieved

But what does Ta-Ha mean?


5 weeks later, in the first third of ramadaan, on the first jumuah of ramadaan.
I was sitting in my arabic class with Two other students (a fourth student who usually comes couldnt make it).
Half way through the lesson my arabic teacher recommends to me (directed to me rather than the entire class...since i showed some interest in this field) a scholar in cape town s africa who is a lo ong hafidh and hadith expert. His name is Taha karaan.

I asked my teacher. Did u say "Taaher? Or TaHa?.  He repeated it a few times as i couldnt quite tell the difference.  Then when i ensured the name was TaHa is realised this matched my dream exactly.  2 other students. Arabic class. My arabic teacher telling me TaHa.  And the repetition and strange pronunciation. This was the meaning of the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment