bring him back again
to the world of outward forms
after he had left it,
and it would seem to him the inverse of what it had been before,
simply because the light of his inward eye had dawned.
I now understood things in advance before the Shaikh who was teaching us had finished expounding them. Another result of the invocation was that I understood more than the literal sense of the text. In a word, there was no comparison between the understanding which I now had and that which I had before, and its scope went on increasing, until when anyone recited a passage from the Book of God, my wits would jump to solve the riddle of its meaning with amazing speed at the very moment of recitation. But when this took hold of me and became almost second nature
I was unable to resist this surge of thoughts, I complained to my Master about it, and he said: “Take them out of your brain and put them in a book, and then they will let you rest”, and it was as he had said.
to the world of outward forms
after he had left it,
and it would seem to him the inverse of what it had been before,
simply because the light of his inward eye had dawned.
I now understood things in advance before the Shaikh who was teaching us had finished expounding them. Another result of the invocation was that I understood more than the literal sense of the text. In a word, there was no comparison between the understanding which I now had and that which I had before, and its scope went on increasing, until when anyone recited a passage from the Book of God, my wits would jump to solve the riddle of its meaning with amazing speed at the very moment of recitation. But when this took hold of me and became almost second nature
I was unable to resist this surge of thoughts, I complained to my Master about it, and he said: “Take them out of your brain and put them in a book, and then they will let you rest”, and it was as he had said.
No comments:
Post a Comment